MTT Shipping Sdn. Bhd. requires directors, management and employees to observe high standards of business and personal ethics in conduct of their duties and responsibilities. As representatives of MTT Shipping Sdn. Bhd., we must practice honesty and integrity in fulfilling our responsibilities and comply with applicable laws and regulations. We take a serious view of any wrongdoing by any of its Directors, Employees, Management and Vendors, in particular with respect to their obligations to the company’s interests. The Whistle Blowing channels are established to help all stakeholders raise concerns, without fear of retaliation, on any wrongdoing that they may observe and experience.
Parties can report a Whistle Blowing complaint if they are aware of any potential wrongdoings, including, but not limited to the following:
- Financial malpractice, impropriety or fraud
- Operational/Financial sabotage
- Failure to comply with a legal obligations
- Dangers to Health & Safety of the employees or the environment
- Criminal activity
- Improper conduct or unethical behaviour
- Unethical practices/lack of appropriate professional standards in breach of MTTS code of conduct
- Harassment, whether vertical or horizontal
- Abuse of authority
- Negligence causing substantial and specific danger to public health and safety
- Gross mismanagement
- Deliberate concealment of information
- Any other unethical, biased, favoured, imprudent event; and
- Deliberate concealment of any of the above
Acting in Good Faith
We expect all parties to act in good faith and have reasonable grounds when reporting a Whistle Blowing complaint. If allegations are proven to be malicious, parties responsible may be subject to appropriate action, up to and including legal action, where applicable.
Protection from Retaliation
No unfair treatment will be meted out to a genuine Whistle Blower by virtue of his/her having reported a Disclosure under this Policy. Complete protection will, therefore, be given to Whistle Blowers against any unfair practice like:
- threat or intimidation of termination/suspension of service;
- disciplinary action;
- transfer, demotion or refusal of promotion; or
- any direct or indirect use of authority to obstruct the Whistle Blower’s right to continue to perform duties/function including making further Disclosure.
MTT Shipping will take steps to minimize difficulties, which the Whistle Blower may experience as a result of making the Disclosure.
Whistle Blowing Unit
Whistle Blowing e-Form